So what's this all about?

Having had strong views on matters for as long as I can remember, yet derived with an open mind on issues spanning sex, politics, religion, food, wine and other apparently equally 'controversial' subjects, I have been encouraged to put fingers to blog, and put some structure to it all.

My hope is simply to evoke discussion, nurture strong debate, and entertain all at the same time. I therefore invite you to join me on this journey..

Monday 15 July 2013

African Safari - July '13 - Day 9 in the Bush

A good pooitjie (in this case my Italian lamb shank cum osso buco recipe concoction) takes good time. 8 hours to be exact. Nothing nicer than having one son help prepare the pot and another keep the fire perfectly stoked so as not to burn or stop the magic from happening. All went down with a KWV 1991 Bordeaux blend, when KWV still knew how to make decent wine.

Pootjie (although not the 3 legged kind) with Olifants River behind
In '91 I was slumming my way around Europe, the UK and North America. Many of you I had the privilege of knowing and sharing carefree times with back then. Some old digs mates in Wardo Ave in Fulham and others as we backpacked across The Continent, Canada and the US. Great times still cherished.


Wardo Ave, Fulham digs mates - 1991 whilst KWV made a great wine
Still in the bush, weather's beaut and warm outside. Just had my 'little' bull calf fall asleep snuggled up on the couch with me on the deck overlooking the great river. Quality times I currently cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment