So what's this all about?

Having had strong views on matters for as long as I can remember, yet derived with an open mind on issues spanning sex, politics, religion, food, wine and other apparently equally 'controversial' subjects, I have been encouraged to put fingers to blog, and put some structure to it all.

My hope is simply to evoke discussion, nurture strong debate, and entertain all at the same time. I therefore invite you to join me on this journey..

Friday 5 November 2021

Long in Coming - a Two Party State

Although I've expected this to happen a little earlier, I do believe we are now beginning to see real signs of an ANC split joining a 'Liberal' DA split, ActionSA and possibly even some from a more moderate-left FF+ split to form a 'Liberal Party'; whilst the remaining ANC (Nationalist-Left), EFF, Communist Party and Cosatu form a 'Labour Party' to create a modern 2 party state

The electorate have spoken very loudly despite poor voter turn out in the recent Municipal Elections, and that has displayed a maturing approach to South African politics outside of the historically race-led, freedom movement voting loyalties of the past generation. I feel enormously encouraged by this.. (See link below).. 

New chapter begins for local govt after polls produce surprising results




No comments:

Post a Comment